Up to £29884 per annum
5 months ago
Programme Officer - (Medical Training Initiative) - 6 month contract
Our client a prestigious medical college is seeking an experienced Programme Office to support on a 6 month contract basis starting ASAP, this will be full time, and working in a hybrid, with a need to be in office in central London.
This role is a faced paced process driven role so would require someone with great attention to detail and able to work in an evolving and innovative way.
This international programme operates under the Tier 5 UK Government Authorised Exchange Scheme which allows the college to facilitate GMC registration and visa sponsorship for non-EU/EEA doctors enabling them to come to the UK and undertake specialist training within an NHS Trust for a maximum of 2 years. The College performs a recruitment and "match-making" function: vetting prospective candidates and in conjunction with the employing hospital trust, selecting suitable candidates for appropriate training posts in the UK. The programme is overseen by the Head of International with input and support from a candidate selection panel consisting of Council members, specialists and clinical leads. The Medical Training Initiative (MTI) Officer is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the development and implementation of ISTP and GMC Sponsorship.
Experience and Skills
* Experience of developing, coordinating or delivering programmes and initiatives.
* Experience of giving advice or guidance (including sign-posting) to others in a customer or client focused role
* Experience of working with and/or providing administrative/ project support to committees, working groups or interview panels, including developing agendas, taking minutes and following upon on actions.
* Experience of writing reports, briefings and information/ guidance documents.
* Experience of liaising with senior clinicians and other relevant stakeholders.
* Knowledge or understanding of workforce issues in the UK health care sector.
* Experience of working successfully with diverse cultures. countries and groups.
* Working knowledge of UK Visas & Immigration policy and working practices in the UK (desirable)
* Experience of organising regional, national or international meetings, conferences, training and events.
* Experience of undertaking financial administration and/or developing, monitoring and reporting on budgets.
* Ability to analyse and interpret data, policies and procedures.
* Excellent organisational, administrative and project co-ordination skills with an ability to prioritise a busy work schedule to meet competing or demanding deadlines.
* Focused to a customer focused culture, including an understanding of the issues and challenges experienced by International Medical Graduates in relation to their postgraduate medical education and training.
Programme Officer - (Medical Training Initiative)
6 month contract
London based, with some remote working option (Hybrid)