£16.78 - £19.46 per hour + Holiday Pay
over 1 year ago
Up to 6 weeks
Programme Manager - International Development! - Temporary - Immediate Start!
An International Development Charity are currently recruiting for an experienced Programme Manager, focusing on West/Central and East Africa, to support the team on a temporary basis for up to 6 weeks. This role sits in their Head Office in Oakington, Cambridgeshire on a full-time basis so it is essential that you are willing to commute on a daily basis. Parking available onsite.
With a portfolio of projects in 20 low and middle-income countries, the team are currently supporting 30 life changing projects with a growing supporter base of over 100,000 individuals and organisations and a number of statutory funders raising £6 million last year.
Programme Management and Development:
- Support and manage a portfolio of programmes in line with company structures and ways of working
- Work with internal and International staff and partners to develop innovative new approaches and programmes
- Work with regional staff and partners to develop multi-year plans in line with CBM policies including building budgets
- Support partners and regional staff to develop and report on monitoring, evaluation, impact and learning frameworks and integrate learning into future work
- Contribute towards meeting best practice in programme development in line with policies and sector wide approaches
- Facilitate the exchange of learning with relevant external stakeholders and partners including thorough planning and delivery of training courses
- Collect high quality stories of change and case studies to feed into programme and fundraising work
- Provide support for the organisational assessment and strengthening of partners in order to achieve greater impact
- Take part in Country Strategic planning process in selected countries and contribute to the development of country strategy papers where agreed
- Maintain institutional understanding of the policy and legislative environments in country that relate to the disability sector
- Use internal systems including Navision and SharePoint to manage projects
- Contribute to programme strategy development and review
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with staff and partners in the geographical regions assigned
- Support the development of their advocacy strategy and its implementation where appropriate.
Due to the short term nature of the role, it is essential that you have extensive experience in the design, delivery and implementation of international development programmes, with a skill set that matches the key responsibilities highlighted above. Although this is a temporary role, there may be an opportunity in the longer term for candidates successful in the role.
A full job description is available upon successful application. Please apply today!