£45k per year
over 2 years ago
An international awarding body are recruiting a new team in their L&D Division and are looking for a Product Manager to ensure their leading skills and competency framework is up to date and revelant to the digital market.
You will need to understand the digital skills require in today's market as well as in the future, will ensure that the organisation can offer the right to tools to allow their clients to manage their talent pools.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create the 3 year Product Plan for the product portfolio, including all associated consultancy and software tools and then ensure agreed growth, reach, revenue and profit goals are met.
- Ensure the content is relevant and up-to-date with the latest skills required within IT. Ensure we have the right processes, software tools and materials to enable organisations to manage their talent pool.
- Research and understand customer needs in the IT marketplace in order to develop new products and services that will enable the portfolio to grow and the organisation's position in the market to become more established.
- Develop and maintain relevant market relationships with a range of industry bodies, organisations, and subject matter experts. Utilise these connections to gain market insight, promote the portfolio, and elicit requirements and feedback for the evolution of related products and services
- Co-ordinate and manage requirements for change to SF related products and services and work with other relevant areas within BCS to ensure these change requirements are captured and actioned appropriately.
- Co-ordinate relevant resources and suppliers to manage updates and releases. Work with relevant departments and people on promotional launches and the transition of new versions, services, and software into business as usual (BAU) in the appropriate way.
- Work with other areas as appropriate to ensure that products are utilised as needed within other product lines and services.
- Continually review the commercial viability of the existing product set to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace. Monitor and report monthly on performance of products, managing reporting and analyses of income and expenditure for your practice area and identifying risks and mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Management of all costs associated with practice area and setting the relevant prices for the practice to ensure desired income and margin objectives are met
- Create business cases for development activity for new or existing products. Assess them for commercial viability and decide which developments to recommend to your manager for forward action. Progress into project planning, working collaboratively with Product Development, Systems, Marketing and Sales to deliver successful roll outs
- Manage suppliers and contracts, negotiating and maintaining contracts to achieve suitable margins and profitability, liaising with your manager and the Sourcing Manager as appropriate.
- Be the focal point of knowledge for the market, competitor & customer base in your specific product area. Own action plans to drive the growth of existing products, respond to competitor activity and develop new business proposals, working with your manager to amend product strategy as necessary. Personally represent L&D in the external marketplace on a regular basis.
Key experience criteria includes:
- Significant experience and a track record of success in Product Management, marketing or Sales & Services.
- Experience negotiating commercial and contractual terms successfully
- Developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans
- Experience of working with IT professionals at a team and individual level
To apply for this role please the TPP Education & TrainingTeam quoting reference number J55199KP