A leading institution in public and global health is seeking a seasoned professional to join the Professional Services team as a Category Lead (Procurement Officer) in Finance & Procurement. The organisation, known for its commitment to research, education, and knowledge translation, is dedicated to maintaining an inclusive workplace.
The Category Lead will be responsible for providing high-quality, credible, and timely procurement advisory and operational services for defined categories within the organisation. Reporting to the Department Head, the role involves managing tendering processes, contributing to strategic initiatives, and ensuring compliance with procurement policies and practices.
- Develop strong professional relationships with senior managers, academic and professional services managers.
- Shape the procurement and supply chain agenda, translating plans into actionable strategies.
- Manage strategic working groups to improve processes, contract management, and service/supplier performance.
- Lead designated categories in interpreting and delivering centrally led procurement initiatives.
- Provide expert advice on procurement issues, ensuring stakeholders are aware of market conditions.
- Act as a conduit for specialist support from the Procurement Team to designated category stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and management of operational plans for designated categories.
- Champion organisational change and motivate academic faculty/support services within designated categories.
- Act as a line manager for junior Procurement colleagues when required.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent experience to CIPS Level 5.
- Continuous professional development and an undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Experience in procurement within a complex environment, preferably in Higher Education or Public Sector.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations and significant experience in competitive tenders.
- Demonstrated success in leading designated categories and delivering business change programs.
Please apply today and ensure that all relevant experience is clearly stated on your CV as no covering letter or application forms are required for this position. If your CV reflects the above experience, then a member of the TPP team will be touch with you to discuss everything further.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your CV hasn't been shortlisted on this occasion.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.