£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + negotiable
about 2 months ago
Our client, a professional development body, has a new opportunity available for an experienced Procurement Manager. You don't necessarily have to hold a CIPS or MCIPS qualification for this vacancy as long as you can demonstrate substantial experience of public sector/EU commissioning processes. This role comes with 30 days annual leave (not including bank holidays) and is permanent, based in London.
Key responsibilities for this Procurement Manager opportunity:
* Participate in tender evaluations, negotiation meetings and agreement of contracts with winning bidders
* Support the delivery and achievement of Grant and Contract objectives
* Maintain compliance with legal requirements and internal policies and procedures
* Manage commissioning life cycle from the decision to commission through engagement, tendering and contracts
* Produce commercial documentation for invitation to tenders
* Participate in tender evaluations, negotiation meetings and agreement of contracts with suppliers
* Manage complex procurements using working knowledge of public and EU legislation
* Work closely with the Business Development Manager to support preparation of bids/grant applications
CIPS/MCIPS would be great, however not necessary if you can demonstrate substantial procurement/contract/commissioning experience in relation to large grants in the public or third sector. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience of drafting commissioning documents e.g. service specifications, questionnaires, CQ logs. You will naturally have a good understanding of the legal basis of commissioning, including procurement requirements and frameworks applicable to the public sector. Advanced analytical skills in order to be able to evaluate factual and qualitative information in relation to contracts and procurement processes will be highly beneficial for you to perform well in this post. Your ability to negotiate with strong influencing and outstanding stakeholder engagement skills will make you an ideal candidate for this opportunity.
To apply for this Procurement Manager role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 72670DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.