£34k per year
over 2 years ago
A leading social welfare charity and membership organisation are looking for a Press Officer to take ownership of the PR function of the organisation to raise the profile of the organisation and gain coverage for the work it does.
This is an ambitious department with clear vision and strategy of where they want to be in the next couple of years and they want a dynamic enthusiastic press officer brimming with ideas to help them make this happen. You would be an integral part of the team with the autonomy to work on your own ideas and projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced press officer to be given the freedom to run the press and media relations for an organisation, reporting into the Head of Communications.
- Experience of working in a busy press office or similar role.
- A love of networking and proactive press work.
- An excellent eye for a story and a proven track record in using creative stories to gain coverage for campaigns.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to express complex information in an accessible format for a variety of audiences.
- A confident networker with the ability to form relationships with professionals in the media to increase the number of contacts for the organisation and increase the coverage.
- Experience and understanding of the use of social media in integrated media campaigns to support and advance media objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and contacts at all levels.
- Excellent understanding of and engagement with the media with a track record as a news junkie.