Up to £32500 per annum
2 months ago
TPP is currently working with a leading, international animal welfare charity to recruit a Press Officer to help them grow their media presence in Europe and America. This is a flexible role with the option to work completely remotely, in a hybrid capacity or within their office in London.
This is a new and exciting role for the charity and a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of thousands of animals, contribute to a worthwhile cause and help their agenda to end animal testing.
You will be working as part of the Communications team and will lead on media and press activities in Europe and the US with the intention of increasing positive media coverage and awareness of their campaigns and key principles.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To support media and public relations projects and campaigns across the EU and America which will include writing and issuing press releases
- Monitor and analyse and evaluate media coverage - producing regular summaries and reports
- Develop and deliver media campaigns to support key initiatives
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key media contacts
- Respond to media outlets and journalists promptly and efficiently
- Produce a daily summary of important news and relevant information to internal staff
Your experience, knowledge and skillsets will include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create clear, concise and engaging communications
- Experience of working within a media or press team
- Ideally a knowledge and understanding of the media in the European Union (EU and its member states) and/or USA - non essential
- Demonstrable commitment to the work and goals of the charity
To apply for this Press Officer vacancy, please email your CV to our MarComms and Digital Team quoting the reference number 75241LD. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.