Up to £47000 per annum
29 days ago
TPP is currently representing a development and humanitarian charity which works internationally for equality and human rights.
They are seeking to hire a Press & Media Manager who will be responsible for developing and delivering our client's media relations strategy and overseeing the growth in the volume and quality of UK media coverage, positioning our clients favourably with their target audiences.
You will be responsible for overseeing a team of 3 Media Officers to identify, develop and deliver eye catching media stories drawn from a diverse portfolio of work located both overseas and in the UK
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- Develop and deliver a media strategy that will creatively promote the organisation's work to the national, regional and local media.
- Protect and preserve the organisation's reputation, identifying and responding to external threats and internal risks.
- Lead, motivate and develop the media team.
- Deliver a responsive, dynamic and timely media relations function in order to raise the profile of the organisation's work.
Your experience will include :
- Previous experience working in a media relations management role in the voluntary sector, preferably within International Development.
- Line management or supervisory experience within a media/press team.
- Previous experience of managing media campaigns to change and influence policy and public perception.