£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
7 months ago
TPP is currently working with a specialist charity who provide food to children in disadvantaged areas, to support them with their education.
Supporting over 200,000 through their direct and partners' efforts they are going through a period of growth which will enable them increase the number of schools they work with, which is currently at 1800.
They are seeking to hire a Press & Celebrity Relationship Manager to join their organisation, reporting into the Head of Communications. You will support with press and media enquiries and with publicising the work of our client via print and broadcast media. It will involve working closely with teams across the organisation to raise awareness of their work, key activities and highlight their partnerships.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the relationship management of high profile and celebrity supporters of the charity, ensuring they feel valued and that their involvement is impactful and supports the wider objectives of the charity.
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- Ensure all PR activity has high impact; through co-creating and delivering an effective PR plan; building extensive external networks and actively seeking media opportunities.
- Foster good relations with the media
- Respond to journalist enquiries through email and phone calls
- Write, distribute and sell in press releases and feature ideas to journalists
- Be engaged with the activities of the Charity, seeking out new stories and campaigns
- Devise and produce proactive media campaigns in collaboration with the Head of Communications and Policy and Fundraising teams to support the charity's objectives
- Support the Fundraising Team to develop comms plans where required for specified funders.
- Secure appropriate and relevant
- Coordinate spokespeople to speak to the media on behalf of our client.
- Coordinate press events and associated media coverage
- Help to prepare regular reports on media coverage for our client's teams.
- Proofread, write and update communication materials (including media statements).
- Respond to the media during crisis PR events or negative incidents, in close collaboration with the charity's Senior Leadership Team
Your experience will include :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to make complex information accessible to the layperson
- Excellent attention to detail
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working as a PR professional either within the not for profit, commercial sector (In house or agency side)
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Planning and campaign management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering PR campaigns.
- Experience in managing and coordinating events