Travel expenses reimbursed
almost 4 years ago
Healthwatch Wandsworth represents the views of patients, service users and carers with local commissioners and providers of health and social care services. Healthwatch is operated by Wandsworth Care Alliance (WCA) a local charity and is a member-led organisation.
We are looking for an office-based Intern who will be responsible for assisting Healthwatch in the development and implementation of its marketing and public relations plan. This will be accomplished through helping us develop, maintaining and expanding marketing channels such as relationship with local media; use of press releases and publicity materials, and expanding our online presence.
Strong administrative and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and follow up skills. An interest in the health and social care or charity sectors.
Minimum 3 months, part-time.
Healthwatch Outreach & Engagement Lead
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
- Produce a monthly marketing and public relations calendar to coordinate activity with Wandsworth wide focus.
- Review current communication material and advise on how we can improve to target different audiences. Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts, and adjust communication plan as needed.
- Raising community profile with libraries, GP surgeries and community based organisations. Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects Healthwatch vision.
- Coordinate various marketing methods including, print ads, networking, Internet, contribute to content generation on social media, and develop new methods of marketing.
- Compile media/press contact list.
- Research and write press releases and statements and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories and liaise with journalists.
- Assist with customising and then disseminating press releases
- Monitor coverage in newsletters, newspapers and websites.
- Excellent Microsoft Packages experience and proficient in using Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, Mail chimp, and PowerPoint.
- Creative and able to contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Although this position is unpaid, we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment. Please visit the Healthwatch Wandsworth website www.healthwatchwandsworth.co.uk for more information.
What will you get from volunteering with Healthwatch Wandsworth?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with Healthwatch to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to help Healthwatch Wandsworth make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Healthwatch Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from a supervisor;
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers’ time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months;
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Delia Fitzsimmons on 020 8516 7766.
We look forward to hearing from you!