City of London, London
£37000.00 - £42000 per annum
8 months ago
TPP is currently representing a specialist environmental non profit organisation who are seeking to hire a PR Manager.
The role holder will be part of the global communications team, and will provide support to both the Head of PR & Senior PR Manager in the design and delivery of PR strategies aimed at building profile and support for our client, and it's mission.
As an experienced PR & Communications professional, you will be responsible for building and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, partners and interest groups and international media and external agencies.
You will support proactive and reactive PR efforts, including the development and execution of PR campaigns, writing and commissioning editorial, co-ordinating announcements and responding to international media enquiries.
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- Support the PR team in the design and delivery of global PR activities across multiple platforms.
- Work with partners and key stakeholders to develop stories, case studies and photo commissions.
- Generate news releases, backgrounders, factsheets, editorial and other written materials as required.
- Deliver PR initiatives which improve the visibility and credibility of our client's management team.
- Manage day to day trade media enquiries and establish relationships with global trade media.
- Maintain and develop media contact lists.
- Support regional staff to answer critical questions from national media and stakeholders.
- Liase with Internal Communications & Engagement Manager in briefing all staff on PR activity.
Your experience will include
- Degree or equivalent experience in public relations is desirable as is proven experience of working in a similar role in public relations.
- Previous experience working with media monitoring agencies eg Kanta, Meltwater, Gorkana etc.
- Experience of working with and developing digital, print and other communication channels.
- Experience in engaging and building relationships with external media bodies, both proactively and reactively, including media crisis management.
- An understanding of digital communications including using content management systems, social media and blogging.
- Prior experience working with technical and scientific content to produce non expert briefings.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner to a wide variety of audiences across diverse channels (On-line, TV, Print, Radio)