Up to £25628.00 per annum
10 months ago
TPP is currently working with a group of hospices based in the Essex who provide specialist care and support for both patients and families across a number of centres.
They are seeking to hire a PR & Communications Manager to join the organisation on a fixed term basis until December 2019. You will be responsible for proactively increasing the profile of our client, and their end of life care services they offer across a range of media, both on and offline.
You will focus your work strategically around the Hospice's strategy and contribute to future developments and objectives working in conjunction with the Head of Marketing & Communications.
You will deliver communications activities that support the organisation's strategic objectives and work alongside fundraising, retail and patient focused areas to support and enhance their activities.
As part of a broader role you will be responsible for proactive PR, external communications and media handling on behalf of the Hospice. You will also support internal communications, and be responsible for maintaining the news section of the Hospice website.
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- Managing the day to day external communications from our client.
- Contributing to the production of hospice publications, including annual reports, staff newsletter and internal communications.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure key messages and marketing campaigns are integrated across the organisation.
- Support the Head of Marcomms with the delivery of internal communication activities.
- Responsible for generic hospice activity through digital channels including email, social media marketing & online advertising.
- Identify and maximize on PR opportunities, generating news stories and placing press material using recourse across the team.
Your experience will include :
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and the ability to communicate, engage and build relationships with a wide range of audiences across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to write engaging content including writing for the web.
- Editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to engage individuals, identify and elicit stories and follow up leads.
- Significant communications and marketing experience.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing media strategies and relations preparing press releases.