Up to £35000 per annum
11 months ago
This highly respected membership organisation are looking for a Policy Officer to come on board and focus on their engineering policy.
Within this exciting role, you can look forward to moving to organisation forward to become a trusted engineering adviser to key stakeholders and respecting the views of their membership. Working closely with their expert members, you will be creating engineering and policy content to inform public opinion in the engineering arena.
You will play a vital role to taking complex technical information and digesting it doing to readable content for stakeholders, including members, government, civil servants, the public and other key stakeholders.
Working with the wider Policy and Public Affairs team, you will help with the public affairs and media relations activity for the organisation, and help to develop and deliver campaigning policy positions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Must have education within one of the STEM (science, technology, engineering, maths) subject or experience in a technical engineering role
- Have strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Have a strong stakeholder engagement ability
- Have the ability to take technical information and simply for wider audiences
- Experience in policy is desirable