£38414.00 - £43414.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
This disability charity are looking for a new Policy and Public Affairs Manager to come and join their team on a permanent basis. Within this role you can looking forward to leading on the charity's policy and public affairs work, producing evidence-based policy and research work which will put the voice of their service users at its heart.
Line managing a Policy and Public Affairs Officer and working closely with the Head of Policy and Communications, you will be working within a small team to create an effective and engaging policy an public affairs strategy that aligns with their overall corporate strategy. You will be responsible for forging new relationships at a local, national and sectorial level with key stakeholders, including parliamentarians, policymakers, think tanks and sector organisations. You will be producing industry-leading policy and research work, including consultation responses and policy reports. You will also be working in partnership with the digital marketing and communications manager to ensure that social platforms are used effective.
The ideal postholder will:
- Have a sound understanding of the UK political process
- Experience in the development and implementation of public affairs strategies
- Have a good track record of producing high quality policy documents
- Experienced in liaising with parliamentarians and policymakers
- Be experienced in being a media spokesperson