Up to £15 per day for travel and lunch expenses
about 2 years ago
THET is a global health organisation that educates, trains and supports health workers through partnerships working to improve the health of people in Africa and Asia. Focusing on strengthening healthcare services, we harness the skills and expertise of UK health professionals, in partnership, to improve the skills of health workers. The Health Partnership Scheme is a DFID-funded programme that supports the development of health services in poor countries by harnessing the skills of UK health institutions and professionals in partnerships with low-income country counterparts. The purpose of the partnerships is to improve health outcomes through skills transfer, capacity development, and other collaborative work.
Through our policy and advocacy work we are aiming to influence key decisions, make a case for support, and help others to make a case for support for engagement in global health through the partnership approach. This is increasingly leading us to develop advocacy campaigns targeting key audiences.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to gain or enhance their experience in working for a healthcare focused charity. Volunteers and interns provide essential support to THET’s work and will be based in our London office.
As a THET volunteer you will join our small, friendly team to provide support to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- Working hours: Part-time, 2 days a week
- Location: Royal Society of Medicine, Central London, W1G
- Expenses: This is an unpaid internship role. You will receive £10 p/day for travel and lunch (we have a subsidised café on-site)
- Reporting to: Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Duration: 2 days a week for 6 months, commencing January 2017
- Support policy and advocacy work including stakeholder analysis, communications, dissemination activities, monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide support to identify organisations (trusts, foundations and corporates) that are potential funders;
- Provide social media support – Regular posting, tweeting and reviewing of online trends within the international development and global health sectors;
- Provide IT support – Database input.
- Excellent communication skills – telephone, interpersonal and written
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of advocacy, international development and fundraising is desirable.
You will gain experience in working for a leading International Development charity on a range of projects. THET prides itself on being experts in partnerships that utilise volunteers, so your contribution will be valued by the whole organisation and we will offer you all the support you require to achieve your objectives.
How to apply
Please send a short cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by Friday 16th December.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.