£40058.00 - £42246.00 per annum
5 months ago
Calling All experienced Policy Advisors!
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a newly formed team withing a Royal College. They are the only professional membership body for medically qualified ophthalmologists and for those who are undergoing specialist training to become ophthalmologists and are an organisation who champions excellence in the practice of ophthalmology
This role will be within the Policy and Communications Team and to support the Policy Manager in the development and delivery of College's policy strategy. You will carry out high quality research to support the development of credible evidence-based policy positions and statements.
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- As the Policy Advisor you will Coordinate, draft and edit policy statements, studies, reports and other outputs
- You will keep abreast and identify emerging policy changes, research and guidelines that affect eye services and the workforce
- Communicate analysis of policy developments in clear and concise way to internal and external stakeholders.
- As the Policy Advisor, you will lead and manage the delivery of specific projects as part of the policy strategy
Your experience will include
- Ideally you will have a proven track record of working in a Policy role
- Experience and good understanding of critically appraising literature and data, writing responses to government consultations and being able to make recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective collaborative working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent report writing skills and the ability to present information in a fluent and persuasive manner
This is an exciting time to join the organisation and develop the role of Policy Advisor and add value to this newly formed team and would be an ideal opportunity for someone who already has experience in a similar policy role to progress their career.
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV along with a 400-500 word supporting statement, ensuring that you highlight how your skills and experience relate to the responsibilities listed above and why you would like to work for a Royal College.
Shortlisting will take place on the 7th of February and those selected will be invited for the 1st interview the following week
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.