Up to £35000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is a specialist youth development charity giving young people life changing adventures through nautical activities. They have recently built their five year strategy, to take them forward and improve on the outstanding contribution and work they have already made.
They are seeking to hire a Policy Adviser who will report into the Director of Policy. You will be a critical advisor to the charity on external policy impacting their work. In particular, you will have a good understanding of youth policy and the emerging needs of young people, modelling their data, and where relevant, commissioning external research, to evidence the impact of their work and inform on their direction and focus.
Using your policy and research skills, you will help drive and inform future changes to our client's programmes for young people, to ensure they remain relevant to the needs of their beneficiaries in today's society, and into the future.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Research and analyse background material on policy issues to inform on our client's work.
- Lead external policy and research work for the charity with a particular focus on the youth development sector.
- Identify policy developments affecting the work of the charity, relevant government initiatives, legislation, policy, emerging trends, relevant discussion points and data on the challenges their beneficiaries face.
- Write briefings, summaries and reports on policy issues affecting young people.
- Contribute to the development of specific policy activities for the charity, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
Data Collation and Analysis
- Lead the work on data collation and analysis across the charity including monitoring and evaluation processes together with data, to better evidence the impact delivered to beneficiaries.
- Line manage the Business Analyst.
- Lead the work, including the appointment and management of consultants where appropriate to best assess and evaluate the impact our client is having on their beneficiaries against their outcomes framework.
Your experience will include :
- Knowledge and experience of working on youth development policy and research.
- Understanding of the emerging trends for young people and the youth sector and some awareness of those for the maritime sector.
- Applying evidence from research and practice to develop policy.
- Experience in leading the implementation of policy changes and translating external research within a charity or organization.
- A demonstrable ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of complex data effectively and efficiently.
- An understanding of Parliamentary and legislative processes.
- Broad understanding of the not-for-profit sector in particular youth services and ability to translate this knowledge into opportunities for new areas of organisational growth.