over 1 year ago
We want people living with the impact of childhood adversity from all over the country to be able to access support when they need it, and Beyond Boundaries is the project that enables us to do just that through providing an outreach calling service. This is a service that we having been running successfully for young adult members (19 - 30yrs) and are now expanding to support our adult members (30+yrs).
Through regular communication with a group of assigned members you will build rewarding relationships based on trust, empathy and understanding. You will follow a coaching model where you will listen first then offer the support they may need from us. You will focus on encouraging self-reflection and independence throughout.
We are looking for volunteers to join our team on Wednesday evenings from 6 - 9pm. We ask that volunteers arrive as close to 6pm as possible but we can be flexible in consideration of work commitments. Volunteers are expected to commit on a weekly basis for a minimum of 6 months. All volunteers at Body & Soul will be subject to an advanced DBS disclosure prior to beginning their volunteering.
About Body & Soul
Body & Soul is a charity dedicated to transforming the impact of adverse childhood experiences, supporting people of all ages affected by early childhood trauma like abuse, neglect, violence and family disruption. We deliver a proven transformational programme for people of all ages who have experienced significant childhood adversity.
We believe that people should be able to live their lives free from shame, and no one should have their life chances reduced because of traumatic experiences in their past. We also believe that transformational change does not have an age limit.
We are looking for
* Experience and interest in psychology/social work/health & well-being
* Warmth, friendliness and excellent communication skills
* Ability to form strong relationships and discussions with a diverse community
* Good listening skills and ability to provide one to one emotional support
* Non-judgemental, adaptable and open-minded
* Ability to use own initiative
* Passionate about Body & Soul's aims
In return we will provide
* A full induction/training programme
* Ongoing training from established professionals
* Ongoing support from Head of Volunteer Programmes
* Recognition programme
If you are interested in this position we would love to hear from you so please do send over a brief overview of why you would like to get involved and a CV of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org