almost 4 years ago
Location: West Croydon
When: Flexible – Afternoon - Evenings
Supervised by: Team Leader/Team Manager
We would prefer if you were able to volunteer for at least one day a week for a minimum of 6 months.
Evolve Housing + Support is looking for an enthusiastic Performing Arts Volunteer to encourage our customers towards a more creative lifestyle. Our customers in at Eva House are keen to learn new drama skills and been a part of a performing arts in house club.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to share their skills/knowledge and/or for someone who is looking to gain experience working with vulnerable people in our mental health step down supported housing setting.
The Performing Arts Volunteer will:
- Design and deliver weekly performing arts workshops for beginners.
- Empower and encourage the customers to get involved in the sessions.
- Engagement will vary from 1 to 10 customers per session
- Liaise with staff to record any incidents or significant interactions with customers
This role would suit you if you:
- Are keen and knowledgeable about performing arts and willing to share this with others
- Enjoy working with vulnerable adults and people who experience mental health concerns.
- Are punctual, committed and reliable – our customers respond well to consistency
- Have plenty of patience and are able to motivate/inspire others
- Are interested in, and committed to, making a lasting difference to lives and communities
- Able to work on own initiative
- Interested in working with young people, preferably with prior experience of working with vulnerable groups
As a volunteer with Evolve Housing + Support, you will be able to access:
- Training to prepare you for your role and raise your awareness of our client group and sector
- A full, site-specific induction
- Ongoing supervision and support from Project Staff
- Travel expenses within zones 1-6 (or as otherwise agreed) and appropriate lunch expenses
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, especially those who have had experience of homelessness themselves. Please complete an application form and equal opportunities form and return to: email@example.com or 8th Floor, Marco Polo House, Croydon, CR9 1LL.
This role will require a DBS Criminal Records Check and the provision of two references
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.