Up to £39000 per annum
8 months ago
Peer Support Manager - 6-month contract
Our client a leading well established and much loved health charity are seeking a new Peer Support Manager on an contract basis for 6 months, starting ASAP this role is to cover for a permanent vacancy while they relook at the scope of the role and the visions of the team.
The Peer Support Team is committed to enabling access to good quality peer-to-peer support. You will be the lead for developing and implementing the charity's strategy to maintain and grow the provision and reach of all forms of peer led support across the UK.
* Develop, lead, and implement the peer support business plan in line with the organisation's strategy.
* Line-manage the Peer Support Officer and oversee their running of the one-to-one peer support service.
* Grow the charity's network and relationships with support groups across the UK, developing and maintain supportive relationships with existing groups, helping them improve their support and services.
* Being responsive to identified unmet needs by scoping opportunities to develop new forms of support groups when needed.
* Lead initiatives to increase access to and availability of peer support across a variety of formats.
* Oversee the management of the charities online community.
* Lead the development of good practice and encourage the adoption of it by support groups.
* Monitor the team services and gather research and evidence to understand impact and inform programme development/improvement.
* Ensure systems and processes adequately support programme activity, including our online community and data collection systems as they adapt and change.
* Be the leading voice for peer support across the charity, providing knowledge and expertise as appropriate.
* Be proactive in keeping up to date with developments affecting the role - both internal and external e.g. new and changing community development techniques/methods.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to network and build relationships with a wide range of audiences at all levels.
* Good presentation skills.
* Ability to plan and carry out complex tasks, and to organise and deliver complex projects to deadlines.
* Ability to work across and with different organisations and teams.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to effectively manage challenging relationships and situations.
* Proficient in the use of MS365, digital communication and social media platforms.
* Committed to achieving targets and outcomes.
* Willingness and ability to regularly travel throughout the UK to meet the role and business need.
* Ability to work outside office hours and occasionally at weekends.
Peer Support Manager
6-months fixed term contract
ASAP start (ideally early April)
Remote based, but when restrictions lift a requirement occasionally travel to London, and wider UK locations