Up to £15.38 per day
6 months ago
Temporary Outreach and Research Project Officer
Our client a local health and social care charity are currently seeking an experienced Outreach and Research Project Officer, this is on a temporary, part-time basis, 21 hours per week. They are a small team, and this role is reporting to and supporting the manager, specifically, by undertaking such action as to; plan, organise and co-ordinate our gathering of local people's feedback and experiences of health and social care services, using a variety of methods. The post holder will capture and analyse the experiences gathered and will be responsible for drafting and finalising reports on findings.
The post holder will also communicate with stakeholders and attend meetings to influence change that may have been recommended in the reports.
These activities will require a collaborative approach and co-ordination with people across the organisational team, including volunteers, as well as external stakeholders.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of health and social care service provision.
- Proven proactive project planning, organisation and co-ordination abilities, ensuring deadlines are met. Adept at organising and communicating progress.
- Proven experience of co-ordinating, liaising, negotiating, and working with others (staff, volunteers and others outside of organisation) to achieve deadlines and ensure updates on progress are communicated.
- Proven demonstration of good communication skills and the ability to talk and listen to people from all walks of life, from encouraging a wide section of individuals from our community to encourage people to take part in our surveys to speaking to and influencing senior people to engage with our work and act on our findings.
- Experience in community/service user research or engagement.
- Proven experience in collecting qualitative interview responses accurately and representing views shared without judgement.
- Proven experience in collating and analysing information from various sources and interviews with service users to produce a report summarising patient experience and views.
- Excellent written English skills, including accurate recording of information and writing reports in Plain English.
- Knowledge and experience of using online survey software such as Smart Survey, Microsoft Office, and particularly Microsoft Excel to analyse data and produce charts and diagrams. For the time being the ability to take part in, collaborate in and host online meetings on Zoom and Microsoft Teams will be necessary.
- Ability to undertake creative approaches to engagement digitally and to reach those who may be excluded from digital or other approaches.
Role: Outreach and Research Project Officer
Location: Remote based, until further notice, once offices open it will be based in Tooting, London
Employment Type: Temporary from mid-Jan 2021 until mid-April 2021
Working hours: 21pw
CLOSING DATE: 29th December 10am