£23.59 - £26.57 per hour
8 months ago
We are currently working with a Research and Social Enterprise Organisation who are recruiting for an Operations Manager to start ASAP. The role will be based remotely, and it will be for 3-6 months.
This role is critical in ensuring their social business operates efficiently and effectively. Their current Operations Lead is moving into a different role, and this person will work alongside them as they transition, taking on responsibility for their portfolio of work.
They are looking for an ambitious interim Operations Manager to be part of their Leadership Team. You will be used to thinking big picture and making strategic recommendations, at the same time as being heavily involved in the detail of finance, people and the appropriate deployment of resourcing across teams so support the impact of our work and to meet client demands and deadlines.
They are looking for candidates with a strong track record in business management and operations; a good understanding of talent and culture management; strong financial acumen; ability to handle ambiguity; strong communication skills; excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate across the team. An ability to build strong relationships across a diverse team and excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills are essential, alongside a clear passion and commitment to social innovation.
- Cause: Research / Social Enterprise
- Role: Operations Manager
- Location: Remote
- Employment Type: 3-6 Month Contract
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/rate: £23.59 - £26.57 per hour
- Working hours: 35 Hours per week
- CLOSING DATE: ASAP
Main Duties of the role:
- Manage and oversee financial planning, budgeting and business modelling to ensure financial decision-making is consistent with short-term and long-term strategy
- Serve as the liaison to the Finance Team, with responsibility for all financial reporting Challenges to Committee and Board where required
- Oversee Programme Managers in managing individual programme budgets
- Responsible for talent, learning and development including working closely with the Leadership Team to create a healthy, positive and high performing organisational culture
- Liaise with the People Team to ensure effective HR processes.
- Contribute to strategic HR planning and decision-making, including the introduction of new HR policies and processes arising from the new strategy, and ensuring the smooth adoption of these within the Organisations Challenges
- Work alongside Diversity and Inclusion lead to create an internal culture of inclusion and belonging, including overseeing the Culture & Cohesion group, a collective of team members championing culture and cohesion initiatives across the Organisation
- Manage resource planning for programme delivery staff, facilitating prioritisation decisions with the Leadership team.
- Advise on and manage all recruitment.
- Lead on the identification, development and implementation of new policies, protocols and business processes necessary to maintain/enhance the performance in conjunction with the Leadership Team
- Reports to Director of Development and New Frontiers
- Responsible for the Assistant Operations Manager
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV.
If you know someone who is interested in this role please ask them to contact me directly. Please make sure they mention your referral, as we reward recommendations with if we find them a permanent job.
We look forward to hearing from you