£50k - 55k per year + benefits
OS Temp Team
over 2 years ago
Operational Manager - 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
This is a unique opportunity for an Operational Manager to join a leading National Healthcare Charity on a fixed term contract basis for 6 months.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Senior Managers across a whole range of duties. This will require the post holder to work closely with staff as well as the Chair of the Board of Directors as and when required by the CEO. A key part of the role is to manage the charity on a day-to-day basis, mindful of the need to develop and maintain its services and its renowned reputation for excellent service delivery nationwide. This will include working with all the staff to deliver the work of the charity. To assist the CEO in the overall management and administration of the Charity’s corporate and care services in the execution of the Directors’ policies. The role also incorporates strategic duties oversight and delivery of business plan and senior staff objectives as instructed by the CEO including developing the public profile of the organisation and making sure the Helpline is fully operational delivering a first class service.
- To contribute to the strategic leadership and provide operational leadership to the Charity and to take responsibility for its management and administration on a day-to–day basis as required by the CEO.
- Enable the Board of Directors to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the Charity and to see to it that the Board receives advice and information in a timely, thorough and appropriate manner.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the values of the charity.
- Day to day management of all the charity staff.
- Part of the Senior Management Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of the role of technology in delivering excellent customer service.
- Understanding of the health and social care sector, although not essential in particular: the NHS, policy making and parliamentary process, regulation and the needs of patients.
- Substantial experience of successfully identifying and implementing change to improve delivery in terms of efficiency, cost effectiveness and performance.
- Ability to think critically and analytically to draw sound conclusions on the basis of complex data.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships and working in partnership
- Evidence of successful development and implementation of strategic plans
- Excellent people leadership skills and proven ability to motivate, develop and lead.
- Clear evidence of working effectively as a collaborative and supportive team member.
- Excellent financial acumen and proven ability to manage budgets and resources tightly and prudently.
The role is paying up to £55,000. As this role comes with an immediate start only candidates that are immediately available or on short notice (less than 4 weeks) will be considered. Please apply today!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.