Reasonable travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Online Administration and Outreach Volunteer
Reporting to: Senior Volunteering Manager
Term: 2-3 months
Hours: 3-5 days a week ideally but can be flexible
Public transport expenses reimbursed, subject to a weekly maximum
Daily subsistence reimbursed, subject to a daily maximum
About Media Trust
Media Trust is the UK’s leading media communications charity. We help charities and community groups to develop their public voice and share the impact of their work by bringing their stories to life.
We do this by convening a network of professionals from across the Media industry to share their communications and media knowledge, expertise, skills and time with charitable organisations.
Together, we have been working to improve the lives of people and communities across the UK for more than 20 years.
We enjoy outstanding support from the Media Industry, their passion, creativity and skills help us make a huge difference to so many charities. Our media industry corporate members include:
A+E Networks, adam&eveDDB, AMV BBDO, AOL, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Dentsu Aegis Network, Discovery, dmg media, Endemol Shine UK, ESI Media, Facebook, Fujitsu, Global, Google, GroupM, Guardian Media Group, Havas, Hearst Magazines UK, ITN, ITV, Maxus, MEC, Mediacom, Mindshare, m/SIX, Next15, Pearl& Dean, Posterscope, Primesight, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky, Starcom, Talon Outdoor, TBWA, Telegraph Media Group, Time Warner, Trinity Mirror, UKTV, Viacom International Media Networks, Virgin Media, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland, Weber Shandwick and WPP.
For more information visit www.mediatrust.org or follow us @Media_Trust
Working closely with the Charity Services and Marketing and Communications teams, this is a varied role helping support the launch of Media Trust’s new online Volunteering Platform – aimed at increasing the provision of skilled voluntary support to charities from volunteers from the media industry.
The role will be a combination of online administration for the new web platform and outreach to charities and volunteers within the media industry. This opportunity will suit someone who is digitally savvy, has excellent customer service skills, is a confident communicator both in writing and verbally and is looking to develop a career in the charity sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable experience working with charities in a fun, friendly and flexible office environment.
- Upload, monitor and migrate data for our online volunteering platform
- Data management, including undertaking data cleansing tasks, merging duplicate records and identifying and updating missing fields
- Monitor user activity and contact users to obtain missing data
- Input, process and respond to online and offline applications
- Administer post event paperwork
- Maintain and regularly update our databases using our CRM system and office applications
- Troubleshoot and test the new online platform with charities and volunteers
- Make online matches between charities in need of communications support with media volunteers
- Provide help and support to charities and volunteers signing up to the new website via phone and email
- Support outreach activities to get charities and community groups signed up to the new volunteering platform through telephone, e-mail, social media and face-to-face meetings and events
- Assist in the development of promotional materials for our Volunteering Platform
- Provide Administrative support to the Volunteering team helping where necessary across our events and projects.
- Confident communicator and exceptional customer service skills
- Proficiency and experience in using digital tools, websites and social media
- Confident with databases, with CRM experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with a flair for data management
- Previous experience of working in a busy office environment
- Proactive attitude and an independent thinker, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with administration experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but it may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing date: 5pm 12 June
Interviews: w/c 19 June
How to apply
Please apply through our website, where you can find more information and forms - http://www.mediatrust.org/about-us/jobs-1/online-administration-and-outreach-volunteer/
First download and complete the Equal Opportunities form (on our website). Then email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity no. 1042733
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.