almost 2 years ago
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM), the leading professional body for enterprise risk management, is currently seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director to join its main Board. IRM is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that champions excellence in managing risk to improve organisational performance. We do this by providing internationally-recognised qualifications and training, publishing research and guidance and setting professional standards across the world.
We currently have a vacancy for an individual with the appropriate skills and experience to help transform the quality, service-level provision and financial performance of our qualifications and other educational products. In particular we are seeking applications from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- A demonstrable ability to think strategically and analytically about business, products, and technical challenges, with the ability to help support the building of compelling value propositions;
- Knowledge of standards, qualifications and frameworks, and in particular, experience of developing educational products into commercial opportunities.
- Board level or equivalent experience in a substantial organisation, with a clear appreciation of the boundaries between executive and non-executive roles;
- Ability to absorb complex information quickly and make decisions and able to cope with ambiguity;
- Tact, diplomacy and strong communication skills to influence board-level individuals and senior leaders , establish positive relationships that generate confidence and trust, and be a strong ambassador for IRM;
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the vision and values of IRM, equal opportunities and diversity, and the commitment to promote high standards of conduct and integrity.
- Ability to work successfully as a non-executive within an SME environment.
Individuals joining the Board will also be expected to bring independent judgement to bear on issues of strategy, policy and performance and to offer high level advice on the development and management of programme and policy initiatives. Directors are required to attend up to six Board meetings a year together with up to two development days. Board membership is voluntary but reasonable expenses in the delivery of Board duties will be covered.
To apply please submit:
- A short covering letter explaining why the appointment interests you and what you feel you would bring to the role
- A CV with your education and professional qualifications, full employment history and details of any non-executive director experience
- Daytime and evening telephone numbers and an email address
- Names and contact details of two referees (references will not be requested without the applicant’s prior permission).
Please email your application to the Chief Executive, Ian.email@example.com by 30 May 2017.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.