9 days ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
Your new team
Our fundraising team is key to making Pride in London happen. The event is expensive to run and the show couldn't go on without their efforts encouraging generous donations from thousands of individuals every year. The team work tirelessly year round across a range of activities from running glamorous events like our Gala Dinner, to partnering with community groups or simply hitting the streets with a Pride in London fundraising bucket!
The fundraising team is responsible for growing financial donations and commercial income that allow Pride in London to continue to grow the event and its support of the LGBTQ+ community. You will be part of a team that is responsible for generating £30k+ income. This role will play a key part in organising the merchandise for our fundraising programmes.
- Working closely with the wider Retail team to maximise sales of the merchandise
- Sourcing and costing of various products
- Ensuring the EPOS stock and sales system is kept up to date and analysed to give feedback
- Working with the Retail team to get the order quantities correct and tied in to the budget
- Attending events to sell product and coordinating volunteers to assist with this
- Identifying additional sales opportunities
- Liaising with other department to assess need for free product
Who you are
- A background in retail is desirable
- Good planning and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across all levels
- A sound understanding of sales process and how to increase spend
- An understanding of admin processes and spreadsheets
What you'll get joining pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Please send a CV, and Covering letter showcasing how you are suitable for the role to;