£8.50 - 9.50 per hour
about 2 years ago
Are you looking for temporary work within a GP Practice?
Do you thrive working front of house in different GP practices, being exposed to different paces and environments to see which suits you better?
Do you want the flexibility to balance your work and lifestyle commitments?
Do you need a new challenge?
Maybe you are looking for extra hours?
Here at TPP Recruitment we supply experienced non clinical staff for GP Practices to assist with long and short term contracts, from sickness cover/ annual leave to maternity cover etc.
We are looking for experienced Medical Receptionists/ Administrators who can demonstrate the following:
- A recent NHS working background and system knowledge of EMIS WEB, SYSTMONE, DOCMAN or VISION
- Previous general practice experience is essential
- It is essential that you are reliable, punctual and are a great team player as well as have the ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, professional telephone manner is essential and computer literacy is critical
- Ability to cope under pressure but adaptable to all members of the public
- Adhere to all practice policies, confidentiality and guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Dealing with patients over the phone and face to face
- Printing prescriptions
- Taking messages, requests and records/ pass information accurately
- Filing, faxing, scanning, photocopying sorting post, drafting letters and patient correspondence
- Overseeing patient appointments
- Ensure reception/waiting areas are clean and tidy
Shifts can be booked via our consultants in advance, the day before or last minute, subject to availability.
Pay rates vary between £8.00ph - £10.00ph + Holiday Pay, depending on the individual client and your experience.
Most surgeries are open Monday to Friday between 7.30am – 8.00pm so you will need to be flexible within these hours, but shifts can vary between a 4/5-hour day to a 10-hour day depending on what you are looking for. Below is an example of some common shifts:
8.30am – 6.30pm / 8.30am – 1.00pm / 12.00pm- 8.00pm / 12.00pm – 6.30pm
Please note that you may be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions
If you are interested in temporary work and you would like to work with our clients here at TPP Recruitment, please apply online by visiting our website or send your CV to Elizabeth.Frank@tpp.co.uk or call 020 7198 6080.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.