3 months ago
Are you a standout communicator, strong at building relationships with a love of writing? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
About Caritas Anchor House
"Without Caritas Anchor House I might not still be around. They gave me back who I am, and probably a little bit more. I've achieved so much, and I couldn't be more proud." - Debbie, former resident of Caritas Anchor House
Caritas Anchor House provides a home and support for people experiencing homelessness in Newham. The borough has the highest levels of homelessness in the country, and there is more demand for our services than ever before.
Our mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, fulfilling lives. We support our residents to address the causes of their homelessness, and to overcome any barriers they may face by providing health and wellbeing support, education and employability opportunities, and help to move on to their next chapters.
We're proud to act as a beacon of hope, and each year we help over 250 people turn their lives around and move on from homelessness. www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk
About the volunteer role
We are looking for an experienced media professional with the inspiration to generate stories and ideas for PR and media exposure that raise the profile and therefore support for our charity during this challenging time. You will work closely with our Communications and Supporter Manager.
The volunteer will be asked to support us by:
- Reaching out to journalists of local, national and sector press to secure positive coverage of Caritas Anchor House, maximising awareness of our charity and services
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to target media
- Communicating with internal stakeholders and key spokespeople
- Creative storytelling which we can share via media and other communications channels
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a media/PR/comms position
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills, able to write copy that brings our work to life
- Ability to interpret policy issues around homelessness and communicate these in a compelling way
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Experience of proactive and reactive media relations
We are happy discuss and agree time commitment to fit comfortably and flexibly around your existing commitments. As you will be working remotely for most of the role we will of course provide you with as much support as possible.
We are looking for the right candidate to start as soon as possible. Please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.