Up to £16.11 per hour
23 days ago
Initially for eight weeks with the potential for extension, this charity is looking for a media professional to help their press team.
The postholder's role will be to focus on day-to-day media activity in the press team, allowing permanent colleagues to focus on the above developing priority issues. This will involve drafting reactive press lines on key policy issues, responding to emerging reputational matters, and pulling together messaging and media handling advice for spokespeople undertaking interviews. The postholder will also be asked to exploit opportunities to turn hot topics to a more proactive footing, with the drafting of comment pieces, letters, blogs and social media content.
The appointed candidate will have:
- A track record of working successfully with national media - ideally with education media experience
- High-quality writing skills and experience of writing for different formats, platforms, and publications
- Demonstrable experience of triaging and responding effectively to reactive issues, including handling sensitive or reputationally difficult issues
- Confidence to pick-up-the-phone to brief around a developing story, or to pitch more proactive content
- Hands-on experience of social media platforms
- Strong organisation and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to explain complex ideas and policy in an accessible way, and to work with colleagues on the development of positions and responses to emerging issues.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.