North London, London
Up to £30000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
TPP is currently working with an excellent equality and inclusion campaigning charity. They are seeking to hire a Media & Communications Officer to join the organisation for a 4 month fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for assisting our client in shaping their public reputation and support the delivery of their communications strategy.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Drafting clear and compelling press releases, web and social media copy.
- To deal with journalist enquiries and liaising and facilitating with media interviews (very reactive)
- To contribute to statements, comment pieces and written documents under the guidance of the CEO.
- To lead on the day-to-day running of Kick It Out's social media platforms.
Your experience would include :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of dealing with media (print, broadcast, online).
- Experience of using all types of social media to effectively communicate key organisational messages.
- Experience of liaising with, and briefing, journalists.
- Experience of using all MS products.
- Broad experience of media handling and devising communications strategies and campaign management
- Strong modern and traditional media skills
- Good grasp of social media platforms and how to use them effectively in campaigning setting
This is an urgent requirement with our client looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.