Up to £35000 per annum
4 months ago
This well-established Education foundation is looking for a Media and Communications Officer to join their team. You will report into the Head of Communications and Marketing and will be responsible for creating, executing and organizing excellent content and communications campaigns to positively communicate the organisation's objectives. Including, leading on presentations, written features and a stakeholder newsletter.
You will liase with journalists and work closely with other colleagues, the CEO and Senior Management Team to coordinate responses to media enquiries, as well as proactively and reactively writing and planning news features.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in a media and communications role including creating and executing media strategy.
- A proactive attitude and able to hit the ground running.
- Experience of liasing with journalists and handling media enquiries.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability of working with third parties.
- Experience of working within a communications and marketing department and executing integrated cross-functional campaigns and activities.
- Ability to produce detailed reports and analytics.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, as well as strong presentation skills.