£37,214 - £41,349 per annum + Flexible with additional benefits
27 days ago
TPP are working with YoungMinds, one of the UK's leading mental health charities who are looking to appoint a Media and Campaigns Manager to work for a charity whose work is vital in supporting children, young people and their families and creating awareness of mental health and the services the charity provides.
As the Media and Campaigns Manager, part of the wider communications and campaigns team, you will lead a fast-paced press office whose work is vital for promoting the YoungMinds key principles, campaigns, policy agenda and support for young people.
This is a full-time, long term contract role to cover a maternity until October 2022.
With the option of remote working or hybrid home/office option available (1 day per week in office)
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for devising, managing, and delivering on a key PR and media strategies to ensure the stories of the charity's service users are being promoted.
- You will also work closely with the Director of Communications and Campaigns and the Head of External Affairs to ensure any messages, communication, campaigns and principles are consistent in tone and promote the charity's support for young people, parents and carers, policy information and their front-line fundraising activities.
- As Media and Campaigns Manager, you will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to develop campaign strategies
- Developing and maintaining key media contacts and channels, including celebrity ambassadors who will promote YoungMinds brand and message through their own platforms
- Lead and manage a small team consisting of Senior Media Office, and Campaigns Officer and the Media Officer. You will ensure that all team projects are delivered on time and to a high standard
Your experience will include
- Ideally knowledge of the issues surrounding Mental Health, specifically with children and young people
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You will have experience of delivering impactful, wide-reaching high-profile campaigns
- You will have a proven track record of leading a small team to ensure all projects and KPI's are met and delivered on time, and to a high standard
- You will be able to provide previous examples of where you have developed and managed clear reactive, crisis management strategies
With mental health issues one of the important, current conversations, this is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a huge impact in the lives of thousands of children and young people.
To apply for this role, please provide your CV and supporting statement (400-500 words) and then we will be shortlisting candidates towards the end of October
Any shortlisted candidates will then be required to complete a short task.
Any interviews will consist of a panel of 3-4 people, including some young people who are linked with the charity.