21 days ago
Passionate about social impact, and international development?
We're expanding our board of trustees, and looking for someone with marketing and PR / communication expertise to join the team.
WHO WE ARE:
AzuKo is an architecture charity currently working in the UK, Bangladesh and China. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address real needs. We're using human-centred design to tackle some of the world's toughest problems, but we can't do it alone.
The role involves developing and implementing a strategic marketing and communications plan to advance AzuKo's brand identity, broaden awareness of who we are and what we do, and increase visibility to a wider audience.
- Develop market position and brand of AzuKo to a variety of audiences, enabling us to achieve our aims
- Create a marketing / public relations strategy that will allow AzuKo to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Oversee the ongoing development of AzuKo's marketing and communications strategy
- Act as communications spokesperson on behalf of the board, when required
- Oversee implementation of the marketing and communications strategy
- Be an active champion of AzuKo
QUALITIES - ESSENTIAL:
- Marketing and PR / communication expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and management, communication and presentation skills
- Experience of business, commerce or industry
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as effective communication mechanisms to support services and activities
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable / nonprofit organisations
QUALITIES - DESIRABLE:
- Actively participate in fundraising and publicity discussions, and strategic decision-making
- Experience of working within the charity sector
- Duties: In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
- Remuneration: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
- Time commitment: 2 year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 1-2 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
- Location: London, and remotely.
THE IMPACT OF THIS ROLE:
Strategic marketing is key in enabling us to meet and exceed our goals: growth and impact. Our work priorities disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
WHY BE A TRUSTEE?
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board members. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive social impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team (board and staff) from diverse backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY:
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in the position. Please send your completed application to email@example.com