£26000 - £29000 per annum
about 1 month ago
This is an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Officer to join a leading breast cancer charity, in a newly formed department to work specifically on their mass participation events.
This charity's key principles and message are based on the lived experience of people effected by breast cancer. You will be working closely with the fundraising team to ensure you're maximising participation in their annual events and achieving fundraising targets. This is a great way to help the charity support families dealing with cancer now and to help their research to support families in the future.
They have 2 well-known, popular, national events each year so this is a great opportunity to work on these exciting projects and to really see the difference and impact you will make to individuals and families effected by breast cancer.
The Mass Participation team sits within the Individual Giving and Supporter Operations Department, which is responsible for the overall recruitment and, development and retention of a variety of audiences. You will be working closely with all teams that sit within the newly formed Fundraising, Communications & Engagement Directorate.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working in partnership with all teams withing the Communications & Engagement Directorate to create, plan and deliver 2 annual, mass participation events
- To have a leading input in to creating and supporting the yearlong campaigns to ensure you are maximising mass participation of the events
- To build long term support through targeted marketing
- Working with stakeholders to deliver campaign activity including the digital team, PR team, brand, community fundraising, policy and campaigns, corporate, supporter engagement, database
- Monitoring of marketing performance
- Ensuring all marketing and communications are reviewed and kept up to date
- To attend the annual events and represent the charity and be an ambassador for their principles and campaigns
- Build relationships across fundraising and the wider organisation, working collaboratively and constructively with other colleagues towards wider organisational goals
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience working on mass participation events or fundraising campaigns is desirable
- A strong knowledge of digital campaigns and paid social media activity
- The ability to take initiative and a pro-active approach
- Experience in monitoring and reporting of Web Analytics and KPIs
- Experience in building and maintaining partnerships with agencies and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written communications skills & strong attention to detail
- The ability to engage and build long-term, strong relationships with supporters
- A working knowledge of partnership databases such as Raisers Edge or Enterprise would be highly desirable
Closing date for applicants is 30th of August and interviews will take place in the first week of September.
Want to find out more? Email your CV to email@example.com today.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.