over 1 year ago
Are you active on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Do you have the skills and vision to help us implement social media strategies? Do you relish the challenge of creating and sharing out content?
If so, we are looking for a Marketing and Social Media Manager to look after our social media platforms, to lead and manage these in order to boost UKESS' online visibility and engagements by developing strategies, producing good content and managing our online projects and campaigns.
We are not asking for candidates to have specific social media or digital marketing qualifications to apply for this role, however candidate must have a good understanding, knowledge and experience in using our three social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and able to create and write compelling content for various postings and marketing campaigns.
UKESS is a new 'not for profit' organisation and we are looking for someone to join us on our journey, to learn with us and to help us grow. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable experience and to build a professional portfolio for potential employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop social media strategies and set goals to increase UKESS awareness and presence and increase engagement.
- Manage all social media channels - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like Hootsuite to manage multiple social media channels.
- Develop and manage campaigns that promote UKESS, the work they do and the services they offer such as Event Medical Cover and Medical Training.
- Write engaging blog posts and articles.
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence, and encourages audience participation.
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Create and share new campaign ideas, promotions, materials and updated marketing
- Promote Fundraising on all social media platforms
- Able to work remotely from home and regularly liaise with UKESS management via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face.
- Where possible, attend events and training exercises to create and share live content on across all platform.
Qualifications, Skills and behaviours you will need
- A strong understanding of the use of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform.
- Strong creativity and vision.
- Ability to create dynamic written, graphic and video content.
- Photo editing skills would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas.
- Highly motivated, be able to use own initiative and work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Positively represent UKESS and yourself by delivering a high standard of service at all times.
- Ability to maintain a professional approach to confidential and sensitive information.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
This role is offered on a flexible basis, with a forecast output of a minimum of 3 to 4 hours per week required to effectively manage all social media platforms.
Whether your volunteering journey with us is long or short we are transparent about our commitment to you and what we expect from our volunteers.
Volunteers are highly valued members of UKESS and contribute to making a significant difference to UKESS' ability to achieve their aims and objectives.
Volunteering with UKESS will provide you with an opportunity to;
- make a difference to the lives of others
- meet new people and make new friends
- develop confidence and self-esteem
- feel valued and part of a team
- develop new skills, knowledge and experience
- build on existing experience and knowledge
- improve employment prospect
- enhance a curriculum vitae (CV)
- gain accreditation
Our volunteer recruitment process is as follows;
1) Apply for the role online at https://form.jotformeu.com/ukemergencysupport/volunteerapplication. Alternatively, you may contact us to request for a paper application to be sent to your address.
2) You will be contacted by a member of the team to conduct an initial telephone screening
3) You will be invited to an informal face to face interview, which can be mutually agreed to be undertaken via video calling or in person
4) You will be informed of our decision and then invited to attend a company induction day
5) You will be invited to attend a training day/exercise (if this is required by the role)
Please note: Voluntary roles are not a prelude to paid employment with the organisation. If opportunities for paid employment arise, these will be advertised and volunteers who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.