about 2 years ago
INTERN OPPORTUNITY - Marketing and Social Media
About Serve On:
Serve On is a highly-respected humanitarian response charity with teams of dedicated volunteers trained and equipped to deploy to natural disasters around the world and closer to home. We don't wait for catastrophe to strike before we rescue people, however. Our work constantly transforms lives, including those of our members, as we build resilience in people and in communities.
- You will be working with Serve On members to develop a marketing strategy and develop the appeal of our commercial not for profit activity.
- By using existing or developing your own material create cost effective marketing products that place us effectively in the market. This may extend to creating a new branding or identity.
- You will help to research UK and international organisations which the commercial products of SERVE ON appeal to, add these contacts to our CRM database, create an approach to these actors and initiate contact.
- Review the current use of social media and web site and recommend more effective use of these within the charity that raises its profile and in particular appeals to organisations that will fund the charity through grants, sponsorship or interest in our commercial activity. This could extend to developing new social media streams and developing a new web site to advertise our commercial products.
- Establish how effective the organisation is communicating, the tools it uses for communication and make recommendations on how this could be more effective.
- Have excellent reading, writing and editing skills
- Be a good communicator and team player
- Have good I.T skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Have an interest in Humanitarian projects and in the Humanitarian sector
- Be a fast learner
- Have good social media skills
- Have data management skills
Studying for or having a Degree or Masters in Development Studies, Social Science, Humanitarian Aid/Studies or a related field is preferable. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, including students interested in developing themselves further and gaining experience in the charity sector with an international Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
Benefits we will facilitate for you:
- Experience of and involvement in Operations Room planning and protocols for international disaster and UK major incident deployments as well as disaster risk reduction missions.
- Training opportunities with our International Response Team and Community Resilience Teams, including accredited qualifications when these are available.
- Networking opportunities with our international operational partners, local resilience partners and in-country contacts.
- Experience of developing country profiles.
- Opportunities for UK and international deployment in a support role.
- Personal mentorship leading to career and personal development.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible that includes a clear statement demonstrating what you will bring to the charity and demonstrating how you would deliver your role.
SERVE ON IS A SMALL CHARITY SO THIS POST IS UNPAID HOWEVER SOME EXPENSES MAY GIVEN FOR SOME ACTIVITIES.
We will get back to you with interview arrangements but encourage you to come to one of our International training or Community resilience training sessions so you can see what we do and how you would fit in.