Marketing and Communications Officer needed.
The UK's leading fostering charity are looking to appoint a Marketing and Communications Officer.
The organisation is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children, young people, and care-experienced adults. Their mission prioritises child-centred care, well-being, and the creation of inclusive, compassionate environments. Specialising in diverse foster care types, including support for children with disabilities, their charitable and equitable approach involves reinvesting funds for positive impacts.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Marketing and Communications Officer role is to lead the implementation of internal communication strategies within a prominent fostering charity in the UK. This involves managing day-to-day communication activities to engage, inform, and inspire key internal audiences across the organisation. The role also supports cultural transformation plans, oversees specific communication campaigns and projects, manages internal communication platforms, and collaborates with stakeholders for effective communication. Additionally, the Marketing and Communications Officer participates in event planning, stays updated on industry trends, and contributes to raising awareness of the charity's work and impact.
What you'll be doing
- Lead day-to-day delivery of internal communications activities, creating and implementing an annual calendar for key stakeholders.
- Create and source engaging and informative content for internal channels, adapting for different platforms and audiences.
- Manage specific communication campaigns and projects, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee Internal Communications platforms, identifying development opportunities and driving improvements in engagement and user experience.
- Build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders, supporting co-production of content and ensuring diverse voices in internal communications.
What you'll need to bring
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a marketing and communications role
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, demonstrating good numeracy and literacy skills, along with an understanding of budgets.
- Excellent oral and written skills, including the ability to write compelling copy for diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to equal opportunities, and proven administrative and organisational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams, generate and implement creative ideas, and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a leading fostering charity in the UK. As the Marketing and Communications Officer, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping internal communication strategies, fostering cultural transformation, and engaging with a geographically diverse team. This position offers a platform to showcase your skills in a dynamic environment, supporting meaningful initiatives that impact the lives of foster carers and children.
What they can offer you
- Comprehensive Health Coverage: Access to comprehensive health insurance coverage, ensuring employees and their families have the support they need for their well-being.
- Professional Development Opportunities: Opportunities for ongoing professional development and training, allowing staff members to enhance their skills and advance in their careers.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Implementation of flexible work arrangements, promoting a healthy work-life balance and accommodating diverse personal needs.
- Generous Leave Policies: Generous leave policies, including vacation days, sick leave, and parental leave, providing staff with the necessary time off when needed.
- Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension schemes or retirement plans, helping employees plan for a secure and comfortable future.
- Employee Assistance Programs: Access to employee assistance programs that offer support for personal and professional challenges, promoting overall well-being.
- Recognition and Rewards: Recognition programs and rewards for exceptional performance, fostering a positive work culture and motivating employees to excel in their roles.
Cause: Fostering Charity
Working environment/culture: Child & People Centred, Caring and Compassionate, Connected and Inclusive
Role: Marketing and Communications Officer
Location: Remote (UK based)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 hours per week
How to apply: Please provide an up-to-date CV (In word format)
Once our team have reviewed the CV, we will send the full job description and application information pack and will require you to complete 1-page cover letter which highlights how your skills and experience relate to the responsibilities of the role and 1 paragraph as to why you would like to work for this organisation.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.