Up to £38000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
TPP is currently representing a fantastic and ambitious environmental charity based in South East London. They are seeking to hire a Marketing & Communications Manager who will report directly into the Chief Executive and will have responsibility for managing a team of 3.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Marketing & Communications team in developing and delivering a communications strategy and work closely with the team to deliver high quality communications to engage key audiences such as funders, partners, supporters and followers.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Create press and PR reports for funders and partners (current examples Peoples Postcode Lottery, Heathrow Communities Fund, Bloomberg etc.).
- Produce high quality, engaging and emotive content to effectively tell our story and significantly increase the public recognition of our brand and the sector;
- Pitch content to key press outlets, and build relationships with publications and journalists.
- Provide editorial support to the Marketing and Communications team to ensure the production of relevant, timely and impactful print and digital content.
- Ensure articulation of organisation's desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the charity and to all audiences, both internal and external.
- Coordinate and generate media interest in the charity and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns to raise awareness of the organisation, and/or funds.
- Utilise a range of digital marketing techniques including paid search, SEO.
- Oversee the social media strategy for the charity;
- Manage the continual improvement of the usability, design, content and functionality of the company website; ensuring it functions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Review new technologies and keep the charity at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Set and deliver editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organisation publications such as Annual Report, case studies, flyers etc.
- Develop the charity's key messages and tone of voice to effectively communicate impact, and engage key audiences.
- Manage the charity's brand, ensuring consistency across all digital and print platforms.
- Work with Digital Communications Coordinator and Individual Giving Coordinator to maximise brand awareness to public and donors.
- Work with Corporate Partnerships team to ensure increase in brand awareness.
- Coordinate the appearance of all organisation print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures etc..
- Ensure the website and social media platforms are optimised for recruitment and retention of regular and one-off donors.
- Identify key events to attend, raising awareness of the organisation to attract new one-off and regular donors.
- Forecast, develop and manage the annual Marketing & Communications budget.
- Marketing & Communications experience gained in either the charity sector, public sector or commercial sector.
- Previous people and line management experience.
- Previous demonstrable experience of proactively raising an organisation's profile in a structured manner;
- Positive approach and the ability to cope with flexibility and change;
- Takes initiative but also enjoys working as part of a team and willing to provide support to colleagues - a "can do" attitude Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to skilfully negotiate and influence others, and build good working relationships internally and externally;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and ability to prioritise conflicting demands.