4 months ago
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Location: London, UK (Work Address: 2.3 2nd Floor, Lafone House, Leather Market)
Salary: Travel and Lunch Expenses only
Duration of role: 4 - 6 months (to be agreed with candidate)
Hours: Flexible 3 - 5 days per week
About World Child Cancer
Over 300,000 children worldwide develop cancer each year. If the illness is detected early enough, many of these children can be cured - as many as 80% of children with cancer in the developed world survive. However, in developing countries, survival rates can be as low as 10%. In addition, many children are dying without effective pain relief.
World Child Cancer believes inequality in cancer treatment should not exist and that every child, regardless of where they live, should receive the very best possible treatment and care and be able to realise their ambitions and dreams.
We improve diagnosis, treatment and support for children with cancer, and their families, in the developing world. We achieve this via our twinning partnerships between hospitals and healthcare professionals in the developing world and those in the developed world. These partnerships, together with staff training and mentoring, provide valuable expertise which builds the capacity and knowledge of doctors and nurses in-country. We also support treatment costs for the lowest income families, provide ward equipment, fund essential staff posts and, more recently, have started providing holistic care for children and their families. In order to affect long term change, we also deliver awareness-raising campaigns and liaise with civil society, both in-country and in the UK, to persuade governments to invest more resources into childhood cancer services.
Our vision is a world where every child with cancer has equal access to the best treatment and care.
Our mission is to improve diagnosis, treatment and support for children with cancer, and their families, in the developing world.
Job title: Marketing and Communications Intern
As World Child Cancer is a small charity, you can expect to experience all areas of Marketing and Communications including content production, editing, website editorial and social media management and gain a good understanding of all elements of an international charity. As the Marketing and Communications Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks including:
* Assisting with the production of news stories and case studies to be shared across our website
* Supporting the management of our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
* Posting messages to promote our latest published posts
* Responding to any engagement across social media
* Tracking stats of posts
* Assisting with the support of e-marketing campaigns via Mailchimp
* Opportunities to research ways of engaging with new communications partners including social media influencers, celebrities and more
* Supporting the development of marketing materials such as leaflets, posters and image graphics for social media
* Executing plans from pre-developed content calendars for campaigns and events
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email Kieran Sandhu, Marketing and Communications Manager at Kieran.email@example.com for further information.