Fixed Term Contract - Day rate
OS Temp Team
over 4 years ago
Manufacturing and Construction System Application Project Manager - Fixed Term Contract - 6 Months
Our client, a leading London based Housing Association, are launching an exciting programme of business transformation. Much of this change will be enabled by the introduction and improvement of a number of supporting ICT solutions. A key delivery will be the implementation of an ICT system to meet the needs of their internal Manufacturing and Construction teams. They are looking for a contract project Manager that is able to show clear evidence of successfully completing delivery of a full end to end ERP solution. A clear differentiator will be someone that also has experience and knowledge of ICT Process and cost management systems in the property construction industry.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrable project management capability in an ICT application delivery environment with an understanding of the issues and constraints.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering and\or managing projects using their own experience and recognised project management methodology, such as PRINCE2.
- Full understanding of Manufacturing or construction lifecycles and cost management.
- Proven experience of solution selection and competitive procurement process.
- Experience in working in a flexibly resourced people environment.
- Proven leadership skills and experience of managing and motivating teams and colleagues.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities and able to build trusting relationships with the business and peers within the project and programme.
- Able to operate effectively within a business environment undergoing significant change.
- Skilled in the identification and management of project Risks and issues
- Define, document and deliver projects or sub-projects with the support of 3rd parties and internal resources to support the programme needs.
- Identifies, assesses and manage risks to the success of the project.
- Prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Ensuring that deliverables are to the required standard of quality within the constraints of time and cost as defined in the Project/Programme Plan
- Manage Projects in line with Programme communication, Quality, Risk and Issues Management Plans
- Monitoring and controlling the Project against baseline plans and/or programme plan
- Responsibility for overall use of project resources, and initiation of corrective action where required.
- Responsible for project administration including regular maintenance of project filing and project records
- Responsibility for compliance with Service Management standards, e.g. change control management.
- Provide leadership to the project resources and act as the figurehead for the project, directing and motivating the team
- Be a member of the programme and project community, working with colleagues to add value to all members based on experience gained.
- Engage directly with business stakeholders as required for the programme
- Ensure that wider programme governance and reporting processes are adhered to.
- Responsible for project administration and compliance with programme standards.
- Arrange Sign-off of all expenditure in line with Project Forecasts and agreed Tolerances
- Build strong relationships and trust with key business\programme stakeholders by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business issues and requirements.
- Manage project communications in line with defined standards
Professional and Educational Requirements:
- Ideally holds a Degree level in a related field of study.
- Practitioner certification such as PRINCE2 or APM
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending me your CV!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.