City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
11 months ago
A highly prestigious, research focused think tank charity is seeking a qualified management accountant for a varied and interesting role. The role will involve significant business partnering and assistance to budget holders with large grant proposals, detailed management accounting and complex financial reporting.
The role will involve:
- Line management of one Assistant Management Accountant, and close liaison with two other senior members of the team (who each have a small portfolio of management accounts) to produce consistent, reliable and timely management information to meet the needs of the business and budget holders
- Standardisation of processes and procedures across the Management Accounts team, including design of management reports utilising IBM Cognos TM1 and Microsoft Excel.
- Monthly management reporting to the Financial Controller and budget holders on specific portfolio of budgets to include detailed income and expenditure statements, variance analysis, forecasting and any other information gathered regarding budgets and grants
- Production of variance analysis, financial statement ratios, revenue and expenditure reports as required by budget holders
- Coding of income and expenditure to the correct budget/grant codes, correction of mis-posted entries in Microsoft GP accounting system, posting monthly journal entries for accruals and pre-payments, deferred and accrued income, and any other items which may affect the budgets and grants to be reported on
- Preparation of month-end reconciliations of Microsoft GP accounting data, to include payroll-related accounts and recharges between departments.
- Coordinate the annual preparation of the Income & Expenditure Budgets
- Preparation of required financial reports to funders in compliance with research grant terms
- Assisting Financial Controller and Finance Director in the annual preparation of consolidated group accounts and individual UK Company accounts in compliance with the Charities SORP, Charities Act and Companies Act
- Training of junior staff in general accounting techniques, e.g. reconciliation of control accounts, checking and correcting their work
-Fully-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc)
-Strong experience with complex management accounts in a charitable organisation
-Deep understanding of grant bids and proposals
-Project accounting experience
-Line management or mentoring experience
-An interest in research and academic studies would be a strong advantage
-A naturally proactive, business development approach to work
-Exposure to currency conversions
Please send your CV for further consideration.