£40000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
TPP Recruitment are working with Operation Smile UK a well-known non-profit medical organisation. They are seeking to appoint an experienced qualified Financial Accountant on a full-time permanent basis.
This role reports to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer. It will be varied, taking on the whole accounting/financial processing, management, and reporting activities of Operation Smile UK. It is essential this Financial Accountant has a good grounding in the principles of UKGAAP, FRS102 Charity SORP Accounting.
This role is expected to contribute towards the strategic thinking of Operation Smile UK and help with the process of identifying and analysing costs in relation to income; providing advice as necessary.
- Lead on the implementation of new accounting software upgrades/ updates.
- Accounts Receivable recording, management, and control.
- Accounts Payable recording, management, and control.
- Support staff with budget preparation and reporting.
- Manage Operations Budget
- Conduct continuous analysis of overall budget and providing guidance to all staff.
- Tracking financial performance.
- Month End reconciliations and close.
- Preparing Monthly Management Accounts and Balance Sheet.
- Monthly cashflow management.
- Payroll submission and oversight; yearend reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements and deliverables for annal audit.
- Support the Chief Finance and Operating Officer with delegated duties.
- Ensuring due diligence with verifying suppliers' details to avoid fraudulent payments.
- Build internal understanding and awareness of finance and its management and control as an integral part the overall goal.
- Develop and provide training to non-finance staff/stakeholders
- Develop and produce a Finance and Administration Manual
- VAT Registration reviews and subsequent actions
To be considered for this role the successful Financial Accountant needs to be ACCA/CIMA Qualified and have 5 years post qualification experience, 3 years within the charity sector. Experience of working in an operational finance environment delivering month end processes and reports including Management Accounts, balance Sheet and financial analysis. The Financial Accountant must have knowledge of budgeting processes and excel beyond areas of responsibility by building a strong collaborative working relationship across the organisation. It would be desirable if the Financial Accountant has experience using QuickBooks or an equivalent accounting package, and a CRM such as Raiser's Edge. Please note this role requires willingness and availability to travel as and when required.
If you have the above background and skillset and keen to know more please apply to TPP Recruitment by sending your CV to email@example.com