Up to £40000.00 per annum + 30 days holiday, plus Pension
over 1 year ago
Are you a newly qualified Accountant wanting to work in a growing, fun but professional environment? Are you open to working for a not for profit organisation with a very commercial focus? Have you dealt with monthly management accounts, forecasting and planning previously? Would working for an Education Not for Profit in central London appeal? If so, please read on.
My client is a growing Education Not for Profit that has recently been through a restructure following steady growth and are now looking for a newly qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant to manage their Group reporting, Project and Fund Accounting & Financial Management reporting into the Financial Controller.
As the new management accountant, you will:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other financial reports for the group and individual budget holders.
- Analyse variances and explore potential problems with budget holders on a monthly basis, making appropriate commentary, recommendations and advising of any impact on the Group.
- Ensure timely and accurate supply of financial information to the senior management team
- Assist budget holders in the preparation of the annual budget and re-forecasting when required
- Implement improvements in the systems surrounding all aspects of budgets, forecasting reporting and business planning
- Maintain an overview of grants receivable, commercial income etc receivable, ensuring that grants are applied for and returns, including auditing requirements, are submitted in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of business plans and forecasts, and prepare on-going reporting which helps budget holders to meet those plans and any specific grant/income requirements
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure that their purchase orders on the system accurately and completely reflect operating plans, including the timing of deliverables and expenditure
- Oversee and monitor the actual and forecast expenditure and cash flows in relation to each major programme, line of business and department.
- Attend meetings, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and presenting the financial status of the projects
- Work with the Business Analyst and SMT in identifying new sources of income
- Ensure all management information is robust, accurate and available to all internal and external stakeholders
- Assist the Financial Controller with the year end audit process to ensure the annual audit is completed smoothly and meeting externa auditor requirements
- Support the FC and FD in developing financial systems and models and carrying out business modelling risk assessments.
Should you be either newly qualified or nearing qualification (Finalist Level) and be seeking a role where you can significantly learn off the FC as well as being developed to your full potential, then please apply now. CV plus Covering letter will be required.