City of London
about 1 year ago
Charity: Concern UK
Salary: Voluntary - Expenses reimbursed, subject to daily maximum of £17, receipts required
Commitment: Negotiable - 1 day a week for 6 months or 2-3 days a week for 3 months
Send application email to: email@example.com
Major Donors provide an important source of income for Concern UK, helping to fund both our existing projects and innovative new programmes overseas. This role will support the Major Donor team achieve the objectives of the 2018 operational plan through research, copywriting, administrative tasks and assistance with events.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Source content such as case studies and images and assist the team drafting communications, including proposals for funding, quarterly newsletters and reports.
- Assist with the organisation and hosting of Major Donor events.
- Create research profiles for prospect donors.
- Update donor information on the fundraising database.
- Support the Major Donor team with any other duties and tasks as required.
Person specification (essential):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Good level of computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work as part of a busy team.
- Interest in international development and fundraising.
- Interest in Concern's vision and work.
Person specification (desirable):
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences.
- Experience researching topics.
- Experience of coordinating an event or project from initiation to completion.
- Educated to degree level.
Skills and experience you can expect to develop are:
- Copy writing skills - such as drafting reports, appeals and letters
- Content gathering - such as sourcing images or information.
- Event coordination - booking venues & dealing with third party suppliers
- Relationship building & communication - how to cultivate and steward Major Donors
- Database skills including processing data and data file uploads
- Project management - dependent upon skills and experience
- Knowledge of international development and humanitarian aid and of Concern's key projects tackling poverty in the world's most fragile countries
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date 03/04/2018.
We would like to fill this volunteer role as soon as possible, therefore we may invite suitable candidates in for meetings before the closing date in order to facilitate this.