City of London, London
£38000 - £43000 per annum
about 3 years ago
This cancer charity is recruiting for a Senior Major Giving Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan which aims to obtain major gifts through identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with major donors.
Key duties within this role will include:
- Raise income with a focus on securing six and seven figure donations from individual major donors by initiating and developing long term relationships
- Develop and implement solicitation and stewardship plans for a portfolio of donors and prospects, both in the UK and abroad
- To establish strong relationship s with key internal and external stakeholders
- Help to refresh all aspects of the major giving strategy such as the case for support, prospect research, engagement and donor recognition
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of soliciting gifts or other transferable experience of securing new business in commercial environment
- Proven track record of major gift fundraising in the not-for-profit sector or similar transferable experience gained in the commercial sector
- A working knowledge of the principles of major gift fundraising including research, solicitation and stewardship
- Performance and target driven, committed to achieving and exceeding targets
- Exceptional listening skills and an inspiring and engaging communication style
Closing Date: 20th August
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP to hear about future posts, please send your CV to email@example.com. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Recruitment website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.