over 2 years ago
Hand in Hand International is a member of the Hand in Hand Network, a global group of NGOs that has worked in 14 countries and counting. Our goal is to create 10 million jobs in some of the world’s poorest communities.
What we need
Help us to look after our donors and cultivate prospective donors.
Who we need
Fluent English speaker with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiasm to learn about fundraising processes.
- Motivated, proactive, organized and reliable.
- Able to conduct research online and willing to learn new systems.
- Prior experience of using databases would be useful.
- An interest in international development would be useful.
- Experience of design would be useful.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to gain experience in and understanding of this area of work within an international development charity.
How you can help
- Working with the Fundraising team, you will provide support to produce fundraising materials to thank and update our donors.
- You will help maintain accurate records on our database.
- You will help us to coordinate our outreach to donors by liaising with members across the team on their recent contact with donors.
Insight you will receive
We will provide insight into all or some of the following:
- How to provide a high standard of donor care in an international setting.
- How to research and cultivate new donors, including gaining an understanding into fundraising and cultivation events.
- How to package our work to appeal to a variety of donors.
How we will help you
You are welcome to join our small, friendly office on Baker Street. We will cover reasonable lunch and travel expenses within London. At the end of your work experience, we will provide the following, if you wish:
- Constructive feedback.
- A written reference.
- A recommendation on the professional networking site LinkedIn.
The fine print
We would be delighted if you were able to join our team and will commit to giving you the training and support you need.
To get the most out of the experience, you need to be able to commit no less than 20 working days in total. How you organize your time – either part-time or full-time – is up to you but we would like you to be able to commit to at least 2 days in the office per week. We understand you may have other commitments but unless you can commit to this, you will find it difficult to be fully integrated in our team.
To apply, please send your CV to Martha Huntley at email@example.com together with a short application detailing:
- How your skills and experience fit what we are looking for.
- Why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Your availability: when are you able to start, for how many days a week and until when.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 4th January 2017. Interviews will take place Monday 16th January – Wednesday 18th January 2017. The start date will be Monday 30th January 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.