over 3 years ago
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to women affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities.
On Sunday 23rd April we will be on hand to support our dedicated runners so thank you so much for considering joining our 2017 London Marathon Cheer Team!
Our fundraisers have been pounding the pavements and tirelessly raising money for months and we would like to show them how very proud we are of all their hard work. We invite anyone who would like to join us at our charity cheer point - the more the merrier! You should be warned there will be high levels of pink, cheering, clapping and ‘whooping’.
If you have never been to London Marathon you are in for a treat! The atmosphere is amazing and it truly is one of the most inspiring events of the year, I promise you will enjoy yourself.
- We will be cheering at mile 19 and Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust team members will be at the cheer point to meet you so look out for the pink T-shirts!
- The closest stations are Canary Wharf Underground and Canary Wharf or Heron Quays on the DLR.
- We will be cheering between 11pm – 4pm so come along and join us for a few hours.
- We need enthusiastic volunteers who are prepared to cheer and support our runners along the route.
- You must be comfortable with standing for a few hours.
- Please let us know if you are planning to come so that we can bring a T-shirt for you on the day.
- You must be able to arrange your own travel to the event
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position in the subject line.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.