Leeds, West Yorkshire
£16.48 - £17.58 per hour
6 months ago
Locality Manager - Temporary ASAP start
A community-based charity, who provide housing, counselling, and advice to disadvantaged young people and families, are looking for a Locality Manager to support the Head of Service to deliver their housing related support service. The service provides a wide range of interventions to prevent homelessness including supported housing and post tenancy support schemes for young people, including those leaving care and unaccompanied asylum seeker children.
As the temporary Locality Manager, you will guide, motivate, and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with the charities values, policies, and practices. You will be directly responsible for the management and support of the team leaders who manage the frontline staff including support workers, support assistants and waking night staff.
- Provide leadership, management, and support to two managers and their teams who deliver frontline housing related support to young people.
- Ensure quality support is provided to young people on their journey to independence through the development and review of constructive and meaningful support plans based on restorative and strengths-based practice which will be bespoke to young people and housed within the online client database.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken around any child or adult protection issues and in line with safeguarding, Child Criminal Exploitation & Child Sexual Exploitation procedures. Working together to safeguard children and young people across the service and wider community.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the 24/7 community staff rotas
- Support and collaborate with the Head of Service and other service managers to develop the service and be contract compliant.
The temporary assignment will be for approximately 12-20 weeks to cover the gap between the current post holder leaving and a new permanent member of staff joining the team. Due to the nature of the role, successful candidates will need an enhanced DBS.
The role is currently working remotely with a phased return to the office when government COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Therefore, candidates must be within commuting distance of Leeds and willing to work in an office environment when it is safe to do so based on business need. Closing date for applications will be on Thursday 25th March. Please apply today.