£15.38 per annum + holiday
over 1 year ago
Our client, a leading animal welfare charity, are looking for an experienced Legacy Officer to actively support the Senior Legacy Officer and the Legacy Manager on a temporary basis. You will assist with the effective administration of legacies in order to optimise the benefit from each estate in which they are a beneficiary. You will actively promote legacy awareness and good relations with potential and confirmed legacy pledgers and solicitors.
- Administer a caseload of pecuniary legacies and assist the Senior Legacy Officer with the administration of residuary, reversionary and contested legacies, including liaising with other charities where necessary
- Proactively action regular correspondence with pledgers/grieving loved ones/executors/solicitors via email and letter. Process cheques and legacy-related payments in an effective and timely manner and assisting with the thanking process
- Maintain all legacy data information on CARE and First Class databases
- Maintain an effective evaluation and follow-up system to review the status of legacy cases, identifying successes and areas for improvements
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of probate law, tax and legacy administration issues and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Create good working relationships with internal and external contacts in order to obtain the information necessary for completion of the post holder's tasks and responsibilities
- To ensure that the Book of Remembrance is maintained and kept securely at all times. Liaise with family members and lay executors to ensure accurate wording is recorded and photographs of messages are provided if requested.
A full job description is available on application. Please note that the role is to provide temporary cover. The role is paying £15.38 per hour which is equivalent to an annual salary of £28,000. Please apply today!