8 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are searching for a well-organized, innovative Lecturer to join our ConnectionHub Team to deliver lecturers, seminars and workshops to our refugees students. The Lecturer's responsibilities include developing course material and curricula, inspiring meaningful discussions, attending conferences, consulting with other academics and professionals, supervising our refugees students. You should demonstrate superior listening and communication skills.
● Preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars.
● Provide high quality academic, pastoral and professional support for students, including acting as personal tutor to a group of students.
● Developing curricula and course material that can be used across a number of platforms.
● Identify the need for developing the content or structure of modules with colleagues and make proposals on how this should be achieved.
● Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods and expand knowledge base.
● Remain current in the field of study through regular research, attendance at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and similar places.
● Participate in professional and collegiate organizations, including as a committee member, to remain abreast of all emerging developments.
● Tackle issues affecting the quality of delivery within scope of own level of responsibility, referring more serious matters to others, as appropriate.
● Significant professional experience or Ph.D. in the relevant subject or current Ph.D. candidate.
● A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
● Previous teaching experience with refugees or people with a migration background and the ability to inspire students with your passion.
● Self started and highly self-motivated.
● Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages).
● Membership of a relevant professional organisation (desirable).
All Lecturers are required to have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate. We accept existing valid Enhanced DBS certificates that the candidates have.
Please email us at email@example.com for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV.